Freeview and Missing TV Channels Info

Information on digital TV and radio in the UK Forums Forum – General Chatter Freeview and Missing TV Channels Info

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      denismartindale
      Participant

Some Smart TVs and Internet Stream set-top boxes can get extra TV channels or have apps for Catch-up TV so we can view previous content. Sometimes a series will be available as with the Sky subscription and the Catchup TV services or the SEARCH option and then the Download in HD or SD quality option. The Sky+ HD Sky Planner stores such content for us to access and view.

As I have the Netgem 4K Netbox, I checked for a rescan and got 178 channels and yet if I didn’t have an aerial connected, the rescan would still have found 125 of the Netgem’s EXTRA TV CHANNELS… We can’t record these unless we use the HDMI to scart adapters sold on eBay. I connect the scart to the DVD Recorder so I can view the content and record it in XP high quality.

As for Freeview, the Smart 4K TV has an USB input to allow me to record to a 32GB Sandisk disk drive. I get these on Amazon most of the time thanks to their red, blue and black triple packs. The ROKU box has USB access and so does the Netgem 4K Netbox. There’s also a Netgem Netbox Sound Bar sold on eBay as well.

Missing channels depends on us knowing the correct number or higher later on. Not knowing means we can’t tell what’s really available if using the most suitable TV aerials available today. In any case, we can try using amplified signal boosters and check if these help get all the channels…

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.