Internet images and converters

Information on digital TV and radio in the UK Forums Internet TV Internet images and converters

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      denismartindale
      Participant

The eBay website is just one example of how the webp image format has been used and yet we can’t all see the images in some File Managers or Explorers. The Irfanview program and its thumbnails viewer can display these and the batch option can convert to jpg, gif or png instead. The webp is highly compressed and the png is a much larger file size without getting compressed while the jpg can be set to 80% picture quality. We can crop images or edit the images for brightness and colour and sharpness or blur or soften.

http://www.irfanview.com and also download the extra plug-ins from the website itself.

The http://www.nakedbrowser.com website can display a series of numbered images that some websites provide. So a whole gallery of images may be a numbered set and we copy the first image URL eg image001.jpg and paste that on the http://www.nakedbrowser.com website so we can simply click next to see image002.jpg and so on. The Android devices can copy these images and save the files eg to the Download directory or set the web browser to save files to the SD Card or USB device instead.

Some web browsers can install the loadify app or add-on or extension so we can download hundreds of a web page’s images on our computers. Other image downloaders are worth testing as well. So explore the web browser’s settings and menu options for extensions and so on.

Otherwise, try the Google Play Store and other installers of apk app files.

It’s worth installing different web browser apk files just to see what they can help us do on the Internet.

denismartindale
        Participant

Some Android devices save to the Download folder which is part of the main storage. So a large number of images can get saved there using apps such as PictPicks which is a separate image search app. The file Manager programs may be able to save the Download directory to the SD CARD or USB drive. We can rename that copied folder as Download001 and repeat the process for a second collection of images or videos. We use a File Manager such as ES Explorer to highlight the files in the original Download folder then delete these to start over for a second set of downloads. The copied file then gets renamed as Download002 instead. Then we go back to the original folder to delete the content again. It’s helpful when downloading several images of the same content rather than delaying and having to separate dozens of downloaded files.

Other File Explorers and File Managers are worth testing as well and especially if these allow us to create new folders and change file names or extensions such as jpg and gif and png.

Check for specific apk files and their version numbers and if for the current Android version number, too.

By the way, 360 Security with the large S image ID is helpful as we can delete lots of useless junk files to get extra use of storage space. It also runs boost and antivirus checks.

denismartindale
          Participant

Thanks to getting emails about Android devices and updates I was alerted to yet another Internet resource. A free-to-use photo editor with lots of impressive features as well as the extra options called plug-ins. So I visited photopea.com and did some exploring. I’ve seen fancy editing programs and freebies before so I expected the same complicated ways to edit a basic picture like I’d ever learn how to do it if I had the extra time…

So I learned that the plug-ins included a dezgo.com text-to-image option. We visit that website then create a writing text prompt to make a new image. We right-click and copy it to the computer clipboard. We visit the photopea.com website and use the paste image option to get that there as well. We can edit the image such as I did with the crop image tool. I could then export that image as a jpg or png image to save it on my computer that way.

Another option is to load an image from the computer itself and test what features or plug-ins will be useful. While I prefer to save using the high quality big filesize image format png, there is a compressed image option to test called webp which is still worthwhile if using images for websites or on quora.com for their topics of interest.

The dezgo service has several photo-realistic options worth testing and we can repeat our image tests just by running the editor again or changing the text by adding more details in the descriptions.

EXPLANATIONS:

Source theintelligence.com

Edit images on the web in seconds

Normally, editing images requires paying money and installing software — or at least messing with accounts.

But there’s an excellent web-based image editor you can pull up in just seconds on any computer — it’s a great tool to bookmark so you have it whenever you need it.

It’s called Photopea, and it’s a powerful free tool that many of our readers have recommended.

You can get started in just a few seconds — but you can spend a lot more time in it editing images, if you like!

Photopea is simple to get started with. Just head to the Photopea website. (The first time you load it, you’ll want to click the “X” in the top-right corner to hide the welcome banner.)

Then, you can get started immediately — you don’t have to create an account or anything like that. Just choose the “Open From Computer” button and provide an image. Or, you can drag-and-drop an image from your computer’s file manager onto the Photopea page.

continued…

You’ll get an image-editing interface that will look immediately familiar if you’ve ever used Adobe Photoshop.

Photopea is packed with powerful tools that are normally found in desktop image-editing tools — many of which are paid. You’ll find layers, filters, a clone stamp for touchups, background removal, and even batch-resizing and batch-image-conversion tools. Then, you can use File > Save when you’re done. Photopea also has some detailed help pages if you’re interested.

continued…

It’s like having a Photoshop-style image editor always a few seconds away — for free, usable without signing in, and without any software installation required. What’s not to like? It’s a gem.

You can use Photopea on its website in your browser. (It works on both desktop and mobile browsers, but the desktop experience will work best.)

Photopea is free with ads. You can sign up for an account and pay $5 per month to remove the ads and get access to AI photo-editing tools, if you like.

Photopea’s privacy policy says all your photos are stored on your device. It also doesn’t need an account.

denismartindale
            Participant

If I get the http://www.ecosia.com website to load up on one of my web browsers, I can search for images accessing http://www.ecosia.org as a search engine. It’s similar to a Google image search but there’s a quick way to save images. The first image displays, click on it to open that display on the right or middle. Click Visit image and it displays. The top part of the web page could have a simple SAVE option. I get this using the Yandex web browser. I click save and it gets saved without my naming the file. It gets added to the Download Folder I selected. I click the top left left arrow to get back to the images and click the next image. The process gets repeated unless blocked by the website it’s on or we must use the right-mouse button to save the image as usual. In this situation, we could use the save as PNG or WEBP image options rather than the JPG option. It helps to check a web browser for its image options using add-ons or extensions…

Google can be used if the right-mouse option show Search image using Google as that provides extra websites and their different image sizes, too.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.