Netgem, 4K Netbox update

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      denismartindale
      Participant

This is a Freeview Netbox set-top box with 4K not just HD quality selling on the ebay–co–uk website and on ebay–ie as there’s an Irish set-top box version as well.

Netgem TV sends email updates to us if we subscribe on their netgem–tv website, or try netgem–co–uk instead. Emails are sent from Support at netgem–co–uk

For May 2023, I was told of a new TV app for the kids shows this half-term. It’s called TG standing for Toon Goggles.

The Netgem tv has its own app (Google Play Store and Apple App Store) and that has been updated so we can select favourite channels and create these as a TV Guide.

netgem—tv is their website…

netgem–co–uk

youtube–com for video tutorials.

Also note that the Netbox and the 4K Netbox have about 100 extra TV channels added already in the 800-999 channel range. We can’t record these, as we can with the main Freeview channels, but they can offer us extra TV channel options worth considering beyond what the streaming apps can provide.

denismartindale
        Participant

The Netgem website email subscribers get notified of new channels in Netgem’s 800+ range. These aren’t letting us record to our USB Flash drives. We merely retune and scroll down to view these along with dozens that Netgem added. 2022.

There have been some new channels added to Freeview such as 281 for Revelation TV, 282 for GOD TV and 283 for 3ABN. Internet Stream channels like these aren’t recordable either.

Even so, I connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI to SCART Adapter then by cable to the DVD Recorder’s SCART input. Then the SCART output goes to the SCART to HDMI Adapter then to the HDMI input on the TV.

Another alternative is a SCART to SCART cable for the DVD Recorder which also has its own HDMI to HDMI TV input eg Toshiba DVD Recorder with its own hard drive and its own HDMI cable out to the TV’s HDMI input.

I noticed that we may need to adjust the TV colour and brightness settings, too.

denismartindale
          Participant

Using the TV GUIDE button, I checked from 800-999.

See the Catchup TV options that Freeview Play services offer, too.

None of these TV services can compare with a Sky subscription and the slow-mo action of the video playbacks using live TV Time Shift for live shows or downloaded shows.

To view Sky without the logo for playing a show, we press 0 then 0 then 0 then then wait a few seconds then press PAUSE and wait for that to clear the play action for us to see the full screen instead.

Also note the Netgem Fetch TV Set-Top and Technika Set-Top boxes have Time Shift and that they can store the various channel playbacks for years! And offer slow-mo, too.

The Netbox and Netbox Soundbar offer several sports TV channels.

denismartindale
            Participant

Netgem emails can be viewed in the web browser and that’s how the URLs can be shown here.

The Netbox and the 4K Netbox have been updated by Netgem so that there are 100+ TV channels not on Freeview. These are now added in the 800+ numbered range and get added each time we autotune. So if we see we’ve got about 150 channels on Freeview, just add 100 extra… These extra channels don’t allow us to record directly, but we can test the scart output to a DVD Recorder instead.

Netgem has provided the Netbox in the extra device called the Soundbar and we can set the speakers to the TV or the Soundbar.

The extra TV channels include lots of sports channels which we don’t always consider yet could still please some sports fans.

Otherwise, try Smart TVs and their apps or the Amazon FireStick and its apps or use the Downloader app to access apk app websites for extra apps.

If we sign up for emails, many apps will tell us of their new TV channels as well.

denismartindale
              Participant

The Netbox features extra Internet-streaming TV channels in the 200+ numbered range such as Vision TV on 264. Not all Freeview devices can access the Internet for streamed TV content, such as Revelation TV, usually viewed on Sky, or Freesat, or using a Smart TV’s S-2 satellite cable input. (Check specifications that TV sellers provide as well as their product images for the side and back panel connections.)

Netboxes are useful Freeview TV Channel alternatives. I’ve bought the basic and the 4K versions and the Soundbar, too. The eBay marketplace helps find these in different forms as well as other countries and their versions. ISP partnerships have increased the items sold on eBay but remember to keep alert as the accessories are essential.

ebay–co–uk
                ebay-ie

Other eBay searchers are
                picclick–co–uk
                grelly–uk

Search Google for Netgem and Netbox and 4K Netbox reviews even if they don’t show the current prices or used items currently on sale.

denismartindale
                Participant

Security Issues

Some businesses are offering to buy our audio-video devices from us or those that now own or have access to these instead of us.

Having bought from eBay I know that the previous owner has left details still available for anybody from then on.

Some applications still have access to accounts such as emails or subscriptions.

Sometimes I notify the owners and ask that they change their passwords. Sometimes I am compelled to register and sign in and stay that way for weeks, months and years.

So it’s not my idea of fun to sell any of my equipment or even to return the items to the makers for repair or replacement.

Some devices offer a restart or reset as with the Amazon Firesticks. We then face the installations and so on.

Some devices have reset holes or buttons to press. Sometimes we can erase hard drive contents such as recordings on Freeview Recorders. We can clear out DVD Recorder contents as well.

Otherwise, the info, settings and contents are still available. The passwords can be changed, emails visited and forwarded or deleted, accounts sabotaged or deleted.

Not my idea of fun at all.

However, some Freeview recordings on secondhand recorders are useful as some Freeview films and TV series won’t be available later. The time shift access could go back for years!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.