TV guides

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      RobW
      Participant

Hi guys. Can anyone recommend what TV magazine lists the most Freeview channels? I don’t watch others like Sky, Netflix or Amazon, so I don’t need their listings. I’ve been using TV & Satellite Week but they list all of those but some Freeview channels are not listed

denismartindale
        Participant

You may try the READLY free trial offer to view the available UK channels and the TV Guides information shown in weeky TV magazines. The Saturday newspapers also provide TV Guides so find out about these in your newsagents, too… Cancel before the free trial ends.

Some Android apps provide details in their TV Guide listings so these may be of interest. Set-top boxes such as the Netgem Netbox 4K round shaped TV and Radio receivers and Internet apps streaming options can help as eBay sells these at very cheap prices and I recently bought one for less than £15 including delivery.

If a Sky dish is already installed the Sky+ HD box can be bought from eBay, too. I bought the 2TB storage boxes with Sky cards to receive the free TV and Radio channels. These Sky+ HD boxes will provide you with TV and Radio listings and some extra i button information eg widescreen, yes or no, audio description, yes or no. I sometimes use Settings to switch from the 16:9 display to the 4:3 display for older TV shows.

Our Smart TVs may have extra channels such as the LG TVs. These won’t get any magazines telling us what’s on so we refer to the remote control TV Guide buttons and Channel List buttons.

The Netgem Netbox has over 100 extra TV channels to view but we can’t record these without using the HDMI to scart adapters sold on eBay then connected to a DVD Recorder.

frank59
          Participant

Hi RobW.
            Does your TV not have an EPG (Electronic programme guide) ?
            Or do you just prefer a magazine guide ?

denismartindale
            Participant

Sometimes my Sky+HD set-top box isn’t doing what it should so I reset it and try again. The thing is, that takes a long time to regain the TV details. The i for info takes its own time getting updated.

Freeview receivers vary as some still work as SD and others as SD and HD and others as SD and HD and 4K upscaling and some like the Netbox will add over 100 extra TV channels.

The Sky+ HD boxes either have a Sky card that works as a subscription card or one that’s out-of-date and some TV channels won’t display details for pay channels but a screen notice tells us to update instead. That’s why I sometimes switch on the TV for the pay channels on a subscription card in another Sky+ HD box.

TV and Radio magazines are either free or you pay and still don’t know what’s happening as Sky updates channels or renames these for us. Freeview adds and withdraws channels as well. So a weekly magazine is better than a monthly one. If I suggest READLY it’s because I’ve got several email accounts I can use to get the mag freebies now and then.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.