View and Save eBay’s largest images

Information on digital TV and radio in the UK Forums Internet TV View and Save eBay’s largest images

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      denismartindale
      Participant

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ShowLargestListingPhoto.htm

This uses the eBay item’s number and then finds the largest images usually the s_l1600.jpg style images and we then download the complete web page using save html or we use the top right zip download and extract the large images into a chosen folder.

Shortcut url using tinyurl–com and a description:

tinyurl—com/for-tinyurl is a quick version.

tinyurl—com/ebay1600pictures

or tinyurl—com/ebaylargepics

Sometimes we use other eBay searches such as

picclick–co–uk
        grelly–uk

PICCLICK helps identify the item number for a quick search. Or we use eBay to manually edit the URL that way. Just copy whichever URL applies then edit it down to the item number.

The search provides the image URLs and we can use save web page to keep that info as a separate htm or HTML file.

As such, it helps to identify the source and use that in the file name such as

isdntek-com–ebaytools–ShowLargestListingPhoto-htm-item-number.html

denismartindale
        Participant

continued…

The images we get from the eBay item number leads to a new display and this can be customised further:

Upon seeing a collection of the s-l1600.jpg full-sized images, I can see that these are locked inside separate display sections. The HTML code for this is that the section width is 100% across the web Browser area and 200 pixels in height. Once I located this:

(space here first) height:200px;

(That’s a space before height:200px;)

it meant that I could use the HTML Validator Lite freebie programme and then its find and replace option for the web page’s HTML. So I replaced

(space here first) height:200px;

with nothing, thus deleting it several times. Then I could save the file again with a new file name.

The programme has a left-hand side viewer link. That helped prove that the pictures were showing their full sizes, whether some were really large, somewhat small, or medium-sized images.

If preferring this version, then save the complete web page that way instead.

htmlvalidator–com

See Support and Download options.

NB Firefox Menu leads to More Tools such as Ctrl and U to view the source text of a web page’s HTML codes. That text can be highlighted and copied and pasted into the new document on the HTML Validator Lite programme or some freebie version of the Pro version.

denismartindale
          Participant

continued…

Editing further…

Another edit idea is this, changing the width dimension size to what fits the web browser’s screen width. In Firefox, that would be a maximum of 1900 pixels for the usual 1920×1080 pixels display. So I found the reference for this idea.

Change the text from img src

to this

img width=”1900″ src

Then save with a new file name for this HTML display and save as a complete web page if that helps view the text info in certain pictures such as make and model numbers for set-top boxes and their accessories.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.