YouTube videos: Fix Sky+ HD Remote Control

Information on digital TV and radio in the UK Forums Satellite TV YouTube videos: Fix Sky+ HD Remote Control

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      denismartindale
      Participant

I was checking YouTube videos on the ROKU set-top box today. One video showed a way to fix the Sky+ HD remote control when the keys didn’t work when pressed and the top red light didn’t respond. I tested a routine of removing the back cover and taking out the left battery and leaving the right battery in. Press the Select button and hold that down for 1 minute, ie 60 seconds. Then release and press the Sky button and then insert the left battery in its place as before and the remote should work. Not in my test.

I watched a cleaning the inside of the remote control option in another video. I wasn’t going to do that.

I had a really close look at the remote keys and noticed that the backup key was a little lower than usual. I inserted my fingernail into the area surrounding the backup key in the hope it would clean that area and somehow make the remote keys work again. Yes, that worked and also helped me to test the TV key with my LG 50″ 4K TV downstairs. That worked the TV on as well as off with the red light on the remote working for all the keys, too.

The thing is, I have a few Sky+ HD remote controls and I fixed this broken remote as soon as I fixed the backup key. So maybe a simple pin would help clean the surrounding area for any other key whether in its correct position and height.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.